Are you a Kindle Paperwhite users and scuffling with the issue of slow response? No worries here we have few steps for you. Follow these facile steps or you can simply navigate to Kindle Com Support for the precise solution.
What’s up Kindle users? Enjoying your Paperwhite? As we all know that Kindle Paperwhite is your ideal night owl buddy, if you’re one of them who are fond of reading their content at night time then you should go for the Kindle Paperwhite. Being a user of Paperwhite If you find any difficulty then you can step forward to www Kindle com Support or simply contact the professionals.
Many of you many experiencing the freezing or slow response on your Kindle Paperwhite. Most often, the fixation is easy. You can try these steps if your Paperwhite freezes up on you.
An e-book won’t open or stops responding
If you Kindle Paperwhite freezes or begins behaving strangely when you’re reading a specific e-book or other content, you need to try a menu restart and then, if compulsory, a hard restart. You can take Kindle Help to know how to reset your device.
If those fixations don’t work, the file might be corrupted. If that is the case, you need to remove the item to see whether that fixes the issue. Remember, if you bought the book from Amazon, it will be stored in the Cloud and you download it again to your device. If the book came from another source, make sure you have a backup before you remove the items.
Remove the item from your Kindle Paperwhite by following these steps :
- From the Home screen, make a tap and hold down on the item. A pop-up menu emerges, with various options.
- Tap the Remove through Device option or the Delete This Sample option (for samples). The e-book or sample is removed from your Kindle device.
- Start your Kindle Paperwhite again by pressing and holding the button of power for approx. 45 seconds (70-15 seconds for a second-generation Kindle Paperwhite). You can also take Kindle Fire Support Help from professionals as well.
Try reading some other content to check whether the symptoms have cleared up. If so, you can try downloading the e-book from Amazon again by selecting it through the Cloud on your Home screen or sideloading it to your device from your PC.
The device freezes or is very slow
If your Kindle Paperwhite stops behaving in its normal speed or freezes, you can typically resolve the issue by doing a menu restart or hard restart.
Start by performing a menu restart your Kindle Paperwhite :
- Tap Menu→Settings.
- Tap Menu→Restart.
(Restart is the third item on the drop-down menu that emerges.) Your Kindle Paperwhite shows the start-up screen and a progress bar. After 60 seconds or so, the device restarts and shows the Home screen.
If the menu restart doesn’t fix the issue, try a hard restart :
- Press and hold down the power button for approx. 45 seconds (7-15 seconds for a second generation Kindle Paperwhite). Now screen goes blank.
- Again press the power button- just a facile press as if you were taking your device out of sleep mode. The start-up screen emerges with a vector child reading under a tree. In a few seconds, the device starts the process of the restart and shows a progress bar. After completion of the restart, you see the Home Screen. Rest you have an option of dialing up an Amazon kindle Customer Service number for better assistance.